All 1,103 game Reviews

BLOCK SPOT BLOCK SPOT

solved puzzle 1. no medal.

solved puzzle 10. no medal.

didn't like that i couldn't drag pieces around like on a tabletop. hated that i'd drag a little then let go and it'd fling back. very user unfriendly.

above all, hated that i couldn't skip to harder levels.

in puzzle games, it is an absolutely unforgivable cardinal sin to force players to play dozens of easy levels. what a waste of time.

RedYellowGreen responds:

1) Medals work. Perhaps you were expecting a notification, but it was not implemented. Look at your profile, there are medals.

2) Good idea about a tabletop.

3) Yes, unfortunately, some levels are superfluous.

I'll try to make this game more friendly in terms of control.

Thank you!

Reaper of the Undead Reaper of the Undead

Need more upgrades. I don't like getting power capped and then having no more progression. The feeling of getting more powerful early in the game was what made me like this.

Need the ability to heal. Or at least, if you take damage, re-buy that health upgrade to get that heart back.

Shadow Brawlers Shadow Brawlers

terrible terrible controls

the shift color mechanic is absolutely pointless and serves only as a nuisance.

the jump/swing/block handling feels very good. the art is ok. monochromatic is not good in this case.

Shark Blaster (Gille's View) Shark Blaster (Gille's View)

Main menu: I used arrow keys to navigate between play and credits, but space, enter, and x did nothing to select the option. I don't know how to select it. I tried with the mouse etc.

Note that I do not read Author comments to learn how to play a game. If the game doesn't organically make it apparent, then it was designed poorly. I read author comments later if I decide I really like a game.

gillenew responds:

sorry about that =P

Tiny Golden Temple Tiny Golden Temple

Ewwwwwww at the low gravity. It feels so horrible.

Awesome Jump Awesome Jump

When you're in the air, your horizontal acceleration is high and deceleration is super low. You have some bug in your kinematics calculations.

Hare Hare

I died and had to sit through intro and even select adventure mode again.

The handling feels bad. No matter what as you coast down after dashing or w/e, you will never land on a platform.

The difficulty isn't balanced well.

Also, in game there is a lot of non-english stuff at the start when teaching you controls which... well now that I think of it, I was rating this 2.5, but I'm lowering it to 1.5 for that.

Zelun responds:

No prob! Thanks for the input. Gonna check those things about the localization files! Sorry :D

GRAND ADVENTURE! (STORY COMPLETE) GRAND ADVENTURE! (STORY COMPLETE)

I'd like to point something out. On your first release of this you mentioned "It is unfinished. It's like 95% done but the last little bits never quite came together. Programmer after programmer dropped out before it could all be quite placed how I wanted."

I think it's unkind that you did not give credit to the other programmers who worked on this. That is very unprofessional.

Emptygoddess responds:

They were unprofessional for bailing!

That said... most of them i don't have contact info for. And none of them respond to me when I try, like honestly.

Pitching Pitching

I have to say it's a good concept and mostly executed well. But the spots you designed to be annoying were a little too annoying.

Greenie Greenie

The slow movement is very annoying.